I now host this site on Github, since it is free and fairly easy for me to use.
I push the new version of the site with a simple
git push. I only pay for my
I am still using the same blog builder Python script I wrote years ago, but I've refactored it a dozen times. I also use a similar script to rebuild static pages from markdown source too.
Colors are either default or white-on-black for dark mode. Information that I used to de-emphasize with grey-on-white text is now put in a box.
Switch from original-flavor Markdown to CommonMark. Allows me to put markdown inside a
<div>. For example:
<div id="foobar" style="display:none;"> > Foo > Bar </div> <button onclick="document.getElementById('foobar') .style .display = 'block';"> SHOW </button>
Reduce extra resources needed by a page:
<link rel="icon">is now a
- I inline all CSS.
- I also inline a SVG version of my written name on the static pages as a banner. Effort was made to minimize the size. By vectorizing what was originally a scanned image, it is much smaller and looks really good on high-dpi screens.
Starting to try to meet accessibility standards.
<a href="" onlick="....">with
<button>, since that is less of an abuse of html. It is more clear to the user that clicking that will change something on the page, not go to a new page.
Remove extraneous content from main page.