Stew Thing Recipe.
(A work in progress. I'm making it up as I go.)
- Half a pound of cooked, then rinsed lentils
- One can of red beans, rinsed
- One can of black beans, rinsed
- Chopped carrots, bell peppers, and onions
- Olive oil
- Salt, black pepper, garlic powder, chili powder
- Start cooking the lentils first.
- Rinse the beans.
- After around fifteen minutes, start sautéing the veggies in oil; use a shallow pot; add generous amounts of the spices.
- Rinse the lentils after they are done cooking.
- Add the beans and lentils.
- Mix it all together; add more spices; add some water; let it cook together.
Should I add cumin? Fresh garlic?
Serve over rice, unless you want to limit your carbohydrate intake.