Here's your basic shish-kabob, using my favorite general-purpose meat: chicken.
- Take your chicken breasts out of the freezer. Cut each breast into aprroximately six equal-sized chunks. Marinate in a lot of black pepper, lemon pepper, some random herbs from your garden, and the chicken's own juices.
- Wait 24 hours.
- Cut up a several bell peppers of different colors into 8-12 large pieces. (Remember that non-green bell peppers are more expensive, so you don't have to buy more than one token pepper of each color.)
- Cut an onion up into little pieces.
- Also have little tomatoes and mushrooms.
- Invite your guests to build thier own kabobs. Audience paricipation makes everything more fun. Differenciate your kabobs by having different items on the ends.
- Grill over hot charcoals until meat is nolonger raw and veggies are well burnt. Don't forget to rotate and flip.